Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Ladies and Gentlemen...in this corner...

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Ladies and Gentlemen...in this corner...

    Wearing the Green and holding his head, Ironlung. In the other corner, the master of the spiral, RottenChubz.

    Odds are 100-1 against Chubz.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen...in this corner...

    I just wish the kid understood the game. He just watches the ball and pisses himself when it goes in the air.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen...in this corner...

    No lie, I was at the Appy/CW game early and the boy does have one of the nicest spirals I've ever seen. He was chucking it before the game, of course when some other kids came over and asked to play pitch up and tackle he left.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen...in this corner...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That'd be awesome.. I'd definitely be grateful although I have no idea how I could even get a hold of the tape since I'm either at home or gone and unavailable.

    Also a very stupid question coming from me, but one that I've been meaning to ask for a pretty good while:
    Just curious but when you watch a tape for a high school game (regardless of what year), do you actually get the commentary with it (such as what you see on the local channels) or is it just silent so that you can focus entirely on what is happening on the field?

    I'm assuming there aren't any special introductions or highlight reels anyways since it's just meant to archive it and not to glorify it or make it fancy.

    The main reason I've wondered about this is because it would be pretty creepy to be watching game films from the 60's and very early 70's in which you could hear people talking and knowing all to well that they're more than likely dead or REALLY old by now. Maybe it's just me and my oddness taking over, but I find things like that (knowing that someone was there THEN but may be gone NOW and hearing them speak and act, etc.) fascinating, especially for that time period when black and white was not uncommon.</div></div>

    Oh god I'm rolling...to the point of tears.

    I wouldn't be surprised if he prays to a picture of Tom Turner.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen...in this corner...

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

    He's an odd cat. I really would make him a copy if I could find the thing. I've not seen it in 10 years though.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  6. #6
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen...in this corner...

    You know, a guy could make a ton of money selling DVD copies of those old games. Hell, Chubz would be worth a few hundred by himself.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen...in this corner...

    I got a bunch of RC ones for him then. Wait, am I saying it was a long time ago that I played? Dang.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #8
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen...in this corner...

    I got 2 highlight films..lol...sad thing is, from time to time I still watch em to remember when football was actually PHYSICAL...it's night and day from nowdays.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #9
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen...in this corner...

    I've been trying to get tapes for years, only thing I found was this thing from a guy in GC and the price was a little to high for me. So, for the third year in a row I've asked for about 10 tapes for Christmas and supposedly there lined up to be made. We'll see i sure hope so. I remember the PV/Appy game in 97 but I dont really remember it, if that makes sense I'd like to be able to watch it and understand it. One of the tapes I requested was the 90 highlight film, if that falls through I'll be more than willing to pay for a copy of that supr-beast if you have the ability to make a copy.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ladies and Gentlemen...in this corner...

    I'd say I prolly could...I'll have to figure out how to do it..and borrow a vcr from one of my buds to link to mine...if i can do it i will...i could put both on one vhs tape if ud like...it may be a week or 2 tho...prolly more like after the 20th when school lets out for x-mas. I have 4 complete game films from 89 and the entire 90 season..they are kinda worn in spots tho.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •